So of the three people that are reading this, you don't need me to tell you that this show is just great, you already know that. I won't say that it's pure awesome because there are issues with it that aren't perfect, but even I can find flaws in Lost if I really tried. Speaking of Lost since I always bring it up, it is the benchmark after all, last nights Flashforward reminded me of "The Constant" from Lost season 4. When a sci-fi show can bring in enough emotional drama that even this guy that is considering buying the Blue Ray of "Fight Club" starts to get a little misty eyed, what can you say except that it's a great show. It also says that I have range in my tastes =)
Back in the days when I was depressed, let's call them up until about 10 years ago (how odd Fight Club came out 10 years ago, see the connection...) I had a saying that I would try to tell myself when I got down. "No matter how bad my day is, someone just got diagnosed with terminal cancer." So Brice was really having a bad day at the start of the episode. And all of a sudden it made total sense why he was down at the pier ready to scare all the children buying balloons from that balloon vendor, and we just thought he had issues, shame on us for judging him, but more on judging later. But based on his very clever Flashforward he was destined to meet our little rocker Japanese girl (if anyone is keeping score we now have Japan, China, and Korea covered, expect to see Canada next week). But Keiko while a bio mechanical engineer who worked so hard in life to not work in the resturant was still forced to serve tea at work. Have to love those equal rights! You go girl!
Instead our little purple haze fangirl went all Woodstock on those corporate guys and got herself a pink slip and some black ink. (that was a colorful sentence). Which of course didn't fly well with her mom and in what was a little cliche they had a fight and left to never be seen again. Mommy was so disapointed that her daughter wasn't going to find a good husband, maybe she shouldn't have judged the "white boy" at the door so quickly. Here is an artist and a doctor, looks like mommy would have approved. And to me that was one of the things that made the whole storyline just work, everything fell perfectly into place, to me that was some great writing. Best of all the little twist in the end where you had thought that he was going to have to find her, but in actuality she came to LA looking for him, to a great Dillion song none the less, it was to me at least magical.
"First rule of text messaging is, you do not talk about text messages. Second rule of text messages is, YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT TEXT MESSAGES." I'm sorry I just love that movie. Anyway to my point has a text message ever brought so much hostility before (don't answer that) My God what is up with those two going raving mad when Mark asked them about the text? Ok sure being accused of something sucks but can't we all be adults and just say, "Mark it wasn't me, I wouldn't do that." But no we need to jump off the deep end in both cases, my money is that the bearded ex-soon to be again-drinker did it, becuase well he's got some issues of his own to deal with. Oh and speaking of his issues, doesn't it seem a little oh I don't know stupid to get all aquisatory with the FBI agent that jumped through some hoops to dig up your dead daughter and was looking into a private military for you, maybe that's just me though. And so what his daughter has daddy issues... Oh how I'd love to make some jokes there about her pole dancing but having trouble becuase she only has one leg, but I can't because I told my wife I'd clean up my writing. Either way that guy (I can't remember his name) was out of line, he really needs to chill out a little bit, maybe he should go have a drink or something...
Next week (2 weeks from now) looks pretty good, this show is really starting to come together and I really like it. I've been watching V and I really want to like that show, but FF I really like, it just seems to get better each week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment