There was a point last night where I just felt sad for all of those that had signed up to be on the show. Actually it wasn't a single point, it was more like a specific point for each person on the show. For Ben it had to be where he was poring out all of his emotions about his dad on national TV, and Ashley just kind of sitting there. For JP it was his family constantly bringing up his failed past relationship, no idea what it was, but I have a feeling it had something to do with his ex cheating on him. Seriously if you're on the show, just tell us what happened, it sure would have been a lot more exciting then the 2 hours of crap that we got to sit through last night.
Then there was Ames, poor poor Ames. Maybe it's just me being bad, but I couldn't help but laugh out loud when he didn't get a rose. I was reminded of the old Bugs Bunny cartoons where the dog would be left in the country on the side of the road wondering if his master was coming back. The man was clearly blindsided by Ashley's calculated decision (more on that in a moment) to let him go. I felt bad for the guy because he really looked so completely innocent in that moment, but still it was funny. Am I bad for laughing at his anguish, naw, it's reality TV, he signed up for it.
So what about Ashley? Thankfully she was wearing clothes this week, that's a plus, maybe we need the parents to come along to Fiji. A little skin from time to time is ok, but when it's all the time, it just gets trashy and desperate, I guess I'm going to get a whole lot of trashy and desperate next week aren't I, oh brother. But this isn't Project Runway (I just realized that I know far too many of my wives shows, I'm a little shaken by this) no this is the Dating Game, yes it's a game, if you think it's a serious effort to find love and romance, then you probably also think that the vampires in Twilight are cool, they're not, vampires aren't allowed to go out in the daylight. No the Bachelorette has been reduced to who can get into Ashley's skin tight pants by the end of the show. There is no love here, it's all a game, and you know what, I'm sad that it is, I actually would like to see a show where these people had real emotions, where you could root and hope for them. Sorry tangent...
Anyway getting back to my point, Ashley is approaching this like a robot. In your life how many times have you ever made the comment, "I like the direction where this relationship is going." or "I think that we're at this point in the relationship..." When you fall in love with someone you're not spending the whole time analyzing where you're at in the relationship, it's not something that needs to be said, you just are. Instead Ashley is keeping a leader board for where each guy is in their relationship with her. Who is ahead this week? Has our relationship hit this milestone yet... It's all a paint by the numbers relationship where everything is supposed to meet a checklist and if it gets checked off then the relationship can go forward. Outside of Bentley I haven't seen anything from Ashley that actually looks like she has any emotions inside of her at all. Besides for the emotions that she is "supposed" to have during a given event. And I think that is my biggest problem with her, none of it seems genuine, it all seems like she doesn't know how to be herself so she spends the entire time trying to be the person that she is supposed to be at that moment. It's hard to describe but it just doesn't look real.
Case in point of how robotic that Ashley is. When Ames's sister was telling her about Ames's father and step father both dieing of cancer, Ashely just sat there with a smile nodding her head. To me it just looked like she wasn't interested in what the sister had to say, instead it was Ashley waiting to get back to her getting approval from the sister, again the check list.
How about Constantine's family and how Ashley was with them. Ok sure she got into the dancing, but Ashley's happy face there looks the same as her happy face in all of the other situations in past weeks. It's that look of "I think I'm happy, I'm supposed to be happy." But not the look of "I am happy". Might just be me...
Still the only guy that she should pick at the end of this is JP, the guy actually has feeling for her. And I believe him when he says that he knows where he is after his past relationship. So while I can't really see Ashley as being any sort of catch, good luck to him, he looks to have genuine feelings to me so hopefully that works out. Too bad according to the tabloids it doesn't but hey here is to hope.
So next week we get to see "The best place in the world to fall in love with someone." Fiji, no wait I thought the best place to fall in love with someone was Thailand, or was that Taiwan, or was it Hong Honk??? It seems like everyplace is the "The best place to fall in love". ABC seriously it's just getting sad now. Just pick one and move on with it, don't keep feeding them lines on what to say. It's reality TV if you think the people you picked are boring, do us all a favor and pick better people.
That's my thoughts on this week. Sorry if I don't have much better to say about the show, but the two hours that it's on really drag on. The take home dates are the same every season, everyone is all supportive but one family member has to grill the bachelor or bachelorette and then in the end approve of them. Next week it will be a very neat date that ends with a romantic dinner and a ticket to the fantasy suite, wooooooooooooooooooo. And I'll just leave it at that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment